Who we are
Baba Sports Camp is located at Plains Park 50 W. Orvilla Rd. Hatfield, PA. This will be the fifth season for the camp and we are excited about the 2019 summer camp at Plains Park. The park offers a regulation soccer field, baseball/softball field, basketball court, volleyball court and a 9 hole disc golf course. There is also a walking/running trail that will be utilized throughout Baba Sports Camp. A large pavilion will serve as our before/after camp meeting area and arts/crafts center. During each week Baba Sports Camp also spends time at Hatfield Aquatic Center.
Baba Sports Camp is designed to help participants learn, develop, and enhance different aspects of sports in a fun, safe, and non-competitive atmosphere.
- To develop and enhance fundamental locomotive skills such as balance, agility, power, speed, eye/hand coordination, and proper stance.
- To learn, develop, and enhance specific locomotive and cognitive skills associated with soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball/softball.
- To learn, develop, and enhance in game movements associated with all sports involved with Baba Sports Camp.
- To learn and understand terminology and strategy associated with different fields of play for all sports involved with Baba Sports Camp.
To understand and apply the following qualities associated with being successful in athletics as well as in all future life endeavors:
- Displaying enthusiasm when performing all drills and activities
- Listening when receiving instruction from all counselors
- Helping the counselors when asked with set up and breakdown of equipment
- Providing positive feedback and encouragement towards all other participants before, during and after all drills and activities